2018 exquisite corpse exhibition
The Exquisite Corpse exhibition returns to Artspace in October 2018!
Artspace at Untitled's Exquisite Corpse exhibition aims to follow the spirit of collaboration and inventiveness of the surrealists and bring together Oklahoma's community of artists for an assembled-art exhibition.
63 individual pieces of the corpse (head, mid-section, and feet) have been drawn in black-and-white by various artists and we are now looking for 20 additional local artists to take the work and create colorful, imaginative figures with the pre-existing outlines. The black lines serve as the only constant or "thread" that ties the unique corpse pieces together.
The completed sections will be mixed-and-matched and displayed in a curated exhibition at Artspace from October 31st to November 24th.
The exhibition will kick off with a Halloween-inspired party and fundraiser on Friday, October 26th, where guests will get a special preview of the artwork and enjoy food, drinks, costumes, and live music.
We hope you will join us by participating in this exhibition and show the range of individuality and personality in the Oklahoma art scene!
call to artists:
- Stop by Artspace before Saturday, May 26th during open hours (Tues-Sat 10am-6pm) to pick up your corpse outlines
- Complete your corpse pieces and return them to Artspace no later than Saturday, June 30th
- Corpse pieces are drawn on 15x22" 264gsm Arnheim Printmaking Paper
- In addition to the exhibition, Exquisite Corpse artwork will be included in a bound, 120 page flip-book that will be available for purchase -- artwork that is not returned to Artspace by June 30th will not be included in the book
- Participating artists will receive one free ticket to the kick off fundraiser on October 26th and one free commemorative flip book
- Due to the amount of artist response, all completed corpses may not make it into the exhibition but all will be included in the flip book
Questions? Contact us at 405.815.9995 or firstname.lastname@example.org