Join us on Saturday, February 3rd from 1-4pm for a "Monotype as a Medium" workshop by local artist and [Press] member Virginia Sitzes!
This workshop is designed for anyone who has an interest in printmaking and wants to learn more. Participants will learn how to use different ink viscosities to create interesting monotype prints and will leave with several original art pieces. As a bonus, you can bring your completed prints back to use as backgrounds for Virginia's Experimental Screen Printing workshop on the following Saturday!
Participants will learn how to:
- Operate the etching press without assistance
- Have a thorough understanding of studio equipment and tools
- Blend/mix a palette of inks to desired consistency
- Plan a composition on the printing matrix using learned fundamentals
- Effectively work on several monotypes at a time
- Demonstrate numerous ink/mordant or physical effects in monotypes
- Produce subjective imagery in multiple layer formats
This workshop is available for ages 14 and older, with no experience necessary. All tools and supplies are provided.